Check it out over at Parole de Pate’s blog !!!!! Love this technique. It looks so real.
05 Jan 2012 1 Comment
01 Feb 2010 Leave a comment
in Polyclay Artists Tags: Arzu Musa, Daphne Seaman, Ellen McCabe Hemberger, Heather Powers, Humblebeads, Karen Tan, klimt, Luna Flares Designs, Parole De Pate, PolyKlimt, polymer clay, Quernus Crafts, Sea Of Beads
I have been a long time fan of Gustav Klimt’s art. The Kiss is my favorite, with his portrait of Adele coming a close second. Then there are others like Three Ages of Women and Tree of Life that really make me think.
I’ve noticed recently that I am not the only polymer clay artist inspired by Klimt. People are doing image transfers, inspirational pieces and canes using the colors and geometric shapes Klimt often used.
17 Dec 2009 Leave a comment
in Polyclay Artists, Shopping, Tutorials Tags: christmas, etsy, folk art, gingerbread man, handmade, Holiday, Janell Berryman, julie eakes, Kim Owens, ornament, ornaments, Parole De Pate, Poinsettia cane, Sharon Sahl, sos ornaments, xmas
Julie Eakes Poinsettia cane Read on to find the other 4 parts of the tutorial.
Parole De Pate Adorable gingerbread man ornament tutorial
Kim Owens whimsical folk art ornaments
Janell Berryman and her quirky folk art. Reminds me of the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. :)
02 Oct 2009 2 Comments
I just saw the coolest idea using the Makin’s extruder over at the French blog, Parole De Pate.
Take a gander at her finished projects!
And this sheet she made using the extruded clay
28 Jul 2009 4 Comments
in Misc., Polyclay Artists Tags: award, Bettina Welker, Cristalline, Deco, face canes, julie eakes, Lauren Cole Abrams, Libby Mills, Libzoid, Moeart, Nouveau, Parole De Pate, Polymer Clay Chameleon, Premio Meme, Tutorials
I was given this award by my wonderful friend Moe of Moeart.
To be worthy of accepting the award, I must tell 7 things about myself and pass on the award to 7 more bloggers. I think this fabulous award deserves an image to represent it, so I just had to make one :)
7 things about me:
1) I am a junkie for paranormal romance novels. :) Love them vamps and werewolves.
2) I once had such a crush on a boy (I was about 14) that I climbed over a fence while playing tag to catch him (well, tried to climb over a fence). I ended up hanging upside down caught on the barbwire. My stepsister got me untangled and we noticed something wet on my pant leg. The barb wire had cut my leg open and I ended up with a bunch of stitches. Never did catch that boy
3) I HATE liver or any other internal organs on my dinner plate. YUCK!!!
4) I have been with my sweetie Dan for 21 years (22 years on Aug 8th)
5) I’m no Martha Stewart. I need one of the plaques that says “My house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it” LOL But I don’t need a Clean House intervention either. Just so we are clear on that. :)
6) I’m an impulse buyer of craft supplies. (shut up, Moe LOL) I can’t help it. I love to shop. I’ve gotten a lot better over the past couple years. I actually put stuff back now before I check out.
7) I LOVE huckleberries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am passing this special award on to 7 of my favorite bloggers:
1) Bettina Welker of Beadworx. She is a fabulous German artist with a very colorful style.
2) Julie Eakes the Queen of face canes.
3) Parole De pate a wonderful French blog.
4) Polymer Clay Chameleon a showcase for Etsy artists.
5) Cristalline always has great tutorials.
6) Libby Mills (Libzoid) I wanna be her when I grow up :)
7) Lauren Cole Abrams Her Nouveau Deco style is beautiful.
11 Jul 2009 Leave a comment
When checking my blog reader for new posts I found the most fabulous tutorial for faux agate over at Parole De Pate. Credit for the tutorial is given to Florence of Creation My Way. You really need to check it out !