ArtFire is giving away a Canon DSLR !!
4 ways to enter – Like the Artfire contest page on Facebook , Sign up for their weekly newsletter, Share your Holiday Gift Giving suggestions in the forum thread , or email them with your blog post where you shared your handmade gift giving ideas. Be sure to email them the link to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here is what the people at ArtFire said:
So you’d like to enter the “Share Your Handmade Holiday Plans, Win a Canon DSLR” contest but you just can’t think of what to blog about; don’t worry it happens to the best of us. We’d like to invite any of our members to share their ideas for writing about the holidays in this forum thread. If your sharing handmade holiday gift ideas make sure to link to the sellers or their products! Just to get things started here’s a few things you could write about to enter the Handmade Holiday giveaway:
1. Handmade Gift Ideas – If you’re making a special gift or planning to buy a handmade present we’d love to hear about it. If you’re making a list of ideas for different people make sure to link to the sellers or gift ideas you’re referencing!
2. Party Planning – Every host or hostess has their own style. If you’re throwing a Christmas Party this year share some of your planning ideas or tricks that help make the evening fun for everyone.
3. Holiday Recipes – Great homemade cooking is one of the best parts about the holiday season. I you’ve got a recipe that always pleases and you’d like to share it with us we’d love to hear what you’re secret (or not so secret) holiday recipes are.
Feel free to share you’re own ideas for blogging about your Handmade Holiday. Just remember to send an email to email@example.com with a link to your blog post to make sure you’re entered for a chance to win!
Now for my Handmade Gift Giving Ideas.
For business/work acquaintances – I usually bake goodies. I make a killer pumpkin bread that uses lots of real butter. Everyone loves it and forgives me for all the extra calories. <G>
For family & friends – my mom, my sister & I bake huge platters of different cookies, cakes and treats. My new favorite being what I call “Creamcicle” cookies. I found the recipe for them last year on the internet.
Orange Vanilla Chip Cookies (you can cheat like I did and just put orange flavoring in ready made sugar cookie dough 🙂
- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 36
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup vanilla chips (or white chocolate chips)
For my immediate family – they get a handmade gift of something I made. Since I make jewelry and trinkets out of polymer clay it’s a good bet that’s what they will be getting. LOL But they always appreciate the love and effort that went into the Handmade Gifts. 🙂 If you want to buy the perfect handmade gift for your loved ones try searching ArtFire.com . You’ll no doubt find that one of a kind gift for the one of a kind person.